“PRCL will deliver world class subsurface products
and knowledge to energy and resource communities
in Canada and around the world”
Petrel Robertson Consulting Ltd. was founded in 1972 as an oil & gas consulting firm. Over the years, we have built diverse geoscience, engineering and management skills and a tremendous library of subsurface projects and experience.
Today, PRCL is a global consulting firm working around the globe in support of resource industries, investors, governments and regulators.
To learn more about Petrel Robertson, please view our corporate presentation and brochures.
PRCL facilitates 21st century Energy Transitions
We apply our subsurface geoscience and engineering expertise to oil and gas, water resource characterization, geothermal resources, subsurface energy storage and carbon sequestration, and exploration for helium and other strategic commodities
Click here to read more...
THE 21st CENTURY ENERGY TRANSITION
Petrel Robertson is playing an important role as Canada and the world transition to more diverse energy sources and storage.
Oil and gas will be critical for energy and petrochemicals for decades to come. PRCL supports orderly, efficient, and environmentally responsible development of oil and gas resources. Much of our oil- and gas-related work now supports initiatives such as identifying water source and disposal opportunities for unconventional oil and gas, while ensuring protection of fresh water resources.
We are also finding opportunities to leverage our subsurface skill sets beyond oil and gas, including:
- Exploring for and developing other resources, such as minerals-rich saline brines and helium, found in deep gas reservoirs
- Characterizing saline water resources in deep aquifers to supply water for hydraulic fracturing, and to safely dispose of waste water from petroleum and other industrial processes
- Characterizing fresh water resources in shallow aquifers, as water supply for many uses, and to guard against contamination
- Mapping areas at risk from induced seismicity
- Evaluating and planning geothermal energy development
- Assessing and planning subsurface energy storage, as in caverns and fracture systems
PRCL President Brad Hayes presented Carbon Capture and Storage – Assessing the Subsurface at the Fort McMurray Oil Sands Conference and Trade Show
PRCL President Brad Hayes presented “Carbon Capture and Storage: Assessing the Subsurface” at the Fort McMurray Oil Sands Conference and Trade Show on September 13 2023. He also participated in a panel discussion sponsored by Canadian Heavy Oil Association, examining...