Petrel Robertson has a large collection of core and outcrop descriptions available for purchase. You can browse for descriptions using the map and filtering by area. A listing of filtered wells will be displayed below the search form. To purchase, contact Leslie Sears at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide filenames from the map search of cores you are interested in. Examples of described core are below. Prices start from $50 for a single description, bulk sale discounts are available. For technical issues with the web interface, contact email@example.com.
PRCL facilitates 21st century Energy Transitions
We apply our subsurface geoscience and engineering expertise to oil and gas, water resource characterization, geothermal resources, subsurface energy storage and carbon sequestration, and exploration for helium and other strategic commodities
Click here to read more...
THE 21st CENTURY ENERGY TRANSITION
Petrel Robertson is playing an important role as Canada and the world transition to more diverse energy sources and storage.
Oil and gas will be critical for energy and petrochemicals for decades to come. PRCL supports orderly, efficient, and environmentally responsible development of oil and gas resources. Much of our oil- and gas-related work now supports initiatives such as identifying water source and disposal opportunities for unconventional oil and gas, while ensuring protection of fresh water resources.
We are also finding opportunities to leverage our subsurface skill sets beyond oil and gas, including:
- Exploring for and developing other resources, such as minerals-rich saline brines and helium, found in deep gas reservoirs
- Characterizing saline water resources in deep aquifers to supply water for hydraulic fracturing, and to safely dispose of waste water from petroleum and other industrial processes
- Characterizing fresh water resources in shallow aquifers, as water supply for many uses, and to guard against contamination
- Mapping areas at risk from induced seismicity
- Evaluating and planning geothermal energy development
- Assessing and planning subsurface energy storage, as in caverns and fracture systems
Next week Kathleen Dorey will be chairing the subject session on Wednesday morning, Sept 23rd as part of Geoconvention 2020. The talks will include case studies for the Charlie Lk. and horizontal well placement in Alberta as well as a sub-thrust exploration play in...