Petrel Robertson has worked on projects for many domestic and international producers, as well as government, industry associations and investment and legal firms. Below are a selection of these:
- Apache Corporation
- Bonavista Energy Corporation
- BP Canada
- Canada Energy Partners Inc.
- Canadian Hibernia Holding Corporation
- Canadian Natural Resources Limited
- Corridor Resources Inc.
- Delphi Energy Corp.
- Devon Energy
- ExxonMobil Canada
- Husky Energy
- Laricina Energy Ltd.
- Leucrotta Exploration Inc.
- Long Run Exploration
- Murphy Oil Corporation
- Norsk Hydro
- Obsidian Energy
- OSUM Oil Sands Corp.
- Paramount Resources
- Pengrowth Energy Trust
- Petronas Canada
- Shell Canada
- Strategic Oil & Gas Ltd.
- TAQA North Ltd
- TransGlobe Energy Corp.
- Velvet Exploration
- Bankers (Albania)
- Cairn Energy PLC (India)
- CamCan Energy (Laos)
- Central European Petroleum (Germany)
- Condor Petroleum Inc.
- Greymouth (New Zealand)
- KazCanadian Petroleum Corporation (Kazakhstan)
- Liberty Resources (Australia)
- Marsa Energy Inc.
- Pakistan Petroleum Ltd (Pakistan)
- PEMEX (Mexico)
- Petromagallanes, subsidiary of Greymouth Petroleum (Chile)
- Repsol (Argentina)
- ROC Oil (Australia)
- Sonatrach (Algeria)
- Touchstone Petroleum (Angola)
- Wentworth Resources (Mozambique)
- Vermilion Energy Inc. (France)
- Virgin Resources Ltd. (Yemen)
Alternative Energy and Other Commodities
- Adelantar Consulting – subsurface water / waste disposal
- Connate Water Solutions – shallow aquifer characterization
- Eavor Technologies Inc. – geothermal energy
- Enbridge Inc. (formerly Spectra Energy) – CO2 sequestration
- First Helium Inc. – helium exploration
- Imperial Helium Corp. – helium exploration
- Newalta / Tervita Corp. – subsurface water / waste disposal
- NSC Minerals – saline brine prospecting
- Quidnet Energy – subsurface energy storage
Government and Industry Associations
- Alberta Energy Regulator (AER)
- Alberta Innovates (previously the Alberta Research Council)
- Australia – Northern Territory government
- British Columbia Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources
- British Columbia Oil and Gas Commission
- CAPP (Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers)
- CSUR (Canadian Society for Unconventional Resources)
- Department of Indian and Northern Affairs / Indian Oil & Gas Canada
- Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Geoscience BC
- Gwich’in Tribal Council
- Natural Resources Canada
- Newfoundland Hydro
- Northwest Territories Geoscience Office
- Nova Scotia Department of Energy
- Petroleum Technology Alliance Canada (PTAC)
- Quill Lakes Watershed Association
- Sahtu Secretariat Inc.
- Yukon Geological Survey
PRCL facilitates 21st century Energy Transitions
We apply our subsurface geoscience and engineering expertise to oil and gas, water resource characterization, geothermal resources, subsurface energy storage and carbon sequestration, and exploration for helium and other strategic commodities
Click here to read more...
THE 21st CENTURY ENERGY TRANSITION
Petrel Robertson is playing an important role as Canada and the world transition to more diverse energy sources and storage.
Oil and gas will be critical for energy and petrochemicals for decades to come. PRCL supports orderly, efficient, and environmentally responsible development of oil and gas resources. Much of our oil- and gas-related work now supports initiatives such as identifying water source and disposal opportunities for unconventional oil and gas, while ensuring protection of fresh water resources.
We are also finding opportunities to leverage our subsurface skill sets beyond oil and gas, including:
- Exploring for and developing other resources, such as minerals-rich saline brines and helium, found in deep gas reservoirs
- Characterizing saline water resources in deep aquifers to supply water for hydraulic fracturing, and to safely dispose of waste water from petroleum and other industrial processes
- Characterizing fresh water resources in shallow aquifers, as water supply for many uses, and to guard against contamination
- Mapping areas at risk from induced seismicity
- Evaluating and planning geothermal energy development
- Assessing and planning subsurface energy storage, as in caverns and fracture systems
Next week Kathleen Dorey will be chairing the subject session on Wednesday morning, Sept 23rd as part of Geoconvention 2020. The talks will include case studies for the Charlie Lk. and horizontal well placement in Alberta as well as a sub-thrust exploration play in...