Resource and Energy Seminars
- PRCL provides introductory and foundational training in many aspects of Energy and Resources, including:
- Helium Exploration and Development
- Lithium Exploration and Development
- Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS)
- Geothermal Energy
- 21st Century Energy Transition
PRCL facilitates 21st century Energy Transitions
We apply our subsurface geoscience and engineering expertise to oil and gas, water resource characterization, geothermal resources, subsurface energy storage and carbon sequestration, and exploration for helium and other strategic commodities
Click here to read more...
THE 21st CENTURY ENERGY TRANSITION
Petrel Robertson is playing an important role as Canada and the world transition to more diverse energy sources and storage.
Oil and gas will be critical for energy and petrochemicals for decades to come. PRCL supports orderly, efficient, and environmentally responsible development of oil and gas resources. Much of our oil- and gas-related work now supports initiatives such as identifying water source and disposal opportunities for unconventional oil and gas, while ensuring protection of fresh water resources.
We are also finding opportunities to leverage our subsurface skill sets beyond oil and gas, including:
- Exploring for and developing other resources, such as minerals-rich saline brines and helium, found in deep gas reservoirs
- Characterizing saline water resources in deep aquifers to supply water for hydraulic fracturing, and to safely dispose of waste water from petroleum and other industrial processes
- Characterizing fresh water resources in shallow aquifers, as water supply for many uses, and to guard against contamination
- Mapping areas at risk from induced seismicity
- Evaluating and planning geothermal energy development
- Assessing and planning subsurface energy storage, as in caverns and fracture systems
PRCL President Brad Hayes presented Carbon Capture and Storage – Assessing the Subsurface at the Fort McMurray Oil Sands Conference and Trade Show
PRCL President Brad Hayes presented “Carbon Capture and Storage: Assessing the Subsurface” at the Fort McMurray Oil Sands Conference and Trade Show on September 13 2023. He also participated in a panel discussion sponsored by Canadian Heavy Oil Association, examining...