Geoscience Expertise Supporting Energy Development
Serving Canadian and International energy development communities with expertise in geoscience, engineering and project management for more than 45 years.
STRATEGIC AND OPERATIONAL CONSULTING SERVICES
Petrel Robertson has served the energy industry, governments and regulators in Canada and around the world since 1972. Our geoscience and engineering teams provide expert technical and management skills to support energy exploration, appraisal, development, storage and operations.
PRCL facilitates 21st century Energy Transitions
We apply our subsurface geoscience and engineering expertise to oil and gas, water resource characterization, geothermal resources, subsurface energy storage and carbon sequestration, and exploration for helium and other strategic commodities
Click here to read more...
THE 21st CENTURY ENERGY TRANSITION
Petrel Robertson is playing an important role as Canada and the world transition to more diverse energy sources and storage.
Oil and gas will be critical for energy and petrochemicals for decades to come. PRCL supports orderly, efficient, and environmentally responsible development of oil and gas resources. Much of our oil- and gas-related work now supports initiatives such as identifying water source and disposal opportunities for unconventional oil and gas, while ensuring protection of fresh water resources.
We are also finding opportunities to leverage our subsurface skill sets beyond oil and gas, including:
- Exploring for and developing other resources, such as minerals-rich saline brines and helium, found in deep gas reservoirs
- Characterizing saline water resources in deep aquifers to supply water for hydraulic fracturing, and to safely dispose of waste water from petroleum and other industrial processes
- Characterizing fresh water resources in shallow aquifers, as water supply for many uses, and to guard against contamination
- Mapping areas at risk from induced seismicity
- Evaluating and planning geothermal energy development
- Assessing and planning subsurface energy storage, as in caverns and fracture systems
NEWS, UPCOMING CONFERENCES AND PRESENTATIONS
Ms Dorey has been recently appointed by her peers to represent the Canadian Society of Exploration Geophysicists (CSEG) on the Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG) Council. Headquartered in Oklahoma, the SEG establishes and nurtures a global network of closely...
PRCL and partner Cronin Capital have been developing an exciting new helium company – Imperial Helium Corp
Based on PRCL’s geoscience and engineering expertise, Imperial Helium is securing helium assets to meet the growing global demand for helium in a variety of 21st-century applications Imperial Helium has surpassed our objectives for 2020, and management is excited to...
Kathleen Dorey presented the subject talk earlier this year at the CSEG Technical Luncheon. The talk covered how seismic analysis can be used in unconventional plays to map the reservoir distributions and characteristics within a project area. The methods applied...