Geoscience Expertise Supporting Energy Development
Serving Canadian and International energy development communities with expertise in geoscience, engineering and project management for more than 45 years.
STRATEGIC AND OPERATIONAL CONSULTING SERVICES
Petrel Robertson has served the energy industry, governments and regulators in Canada and around the world since 1972. Our geoscience and engineering teams provide expert technical and management skills to support energy exploration, appraisal, development, storage and operations.
PRCL facilitates 21st century Energy Transitions
We apply our subsurface geoscience and engineering expertise to oil and gas, water resource characterization, geothermal resources, subsurface energy storage and carbon sequestration, and exploration for helium and other strategic commodities
Click here to read more...
THE 21st CENTURY ENERGY TRANSITION
Petrel Robertson is playing an important role as Canada and the world transition to more diverse energy sources and storage.
Oil and gas will be critical for energy and petrochemicals for decades to come. PRCL supports orderly, efficient, and environmentally responsible development of oil and gas resources. Much of our oil- and gas-related work now supports initiatives such as identifying water source and disposal opportunities for unconventional oil and gas, while ensuring protection of fresh water resources.
We are also finding opportunities to leverage our subsurface skill sets beyond oil and gas, including:
- Exploring for and developing other resources, such as minerals-rich saline brines and helium, found in deep gas reservoirs
- Characterizing saline water resources in deep aquifers to supply water for hydraulic fracturing, and to safely dispose of waste water from petroleum and other industrial processes
- Characterizing fresh water resources in shallow aquifers, as water supply for many uses, and to guard against contamination
- Mapping areas at risk from induced seismicity
- Evaluating and planning geothermal energy development
- Assessing and planning subsurface energy storage, as in caverns and fracture systems
NEWS, UPCOMING CONFERENCES AND PRESENTATIONS
Imperial Helium Corp. has successfully drilled, logged, and cased its first well, IHC Steveville 102/03-01-020-12W4, on its historic Steveville helium asset, in southeastern Alberta. “As soon as is practical, the company will commence completion and production testing...
Kathleen Dorey has been asked to guest edit a special edition of FastTIMES for the EEGS with a focus on renewables. She is looking for papers to address near surface geophysical applications for renewable energy projects. If you can contribute a paper for this edition...
Brian Zaitlin (Zaitlin GeoConsulting Ltd.) and Shelley Leggett (Velvet Energy Ltd.) are co-chairing a virtual session titled: Skill Fundamentals 101 and Case Studies: Geology on September 13, 2021 as part of Geoconvention 2021, to be held September 13-15, 2021. This...